Here we are with another topic about our morning booster: Coffee! We are here to discuss one of the most questioned subjects about these brown beans. And that is: Is coffee good for Constipation? Or Can coffee make you poop?
It has been a long time since we drank coffee, and we are addicted to this delicious drink. It is not just because of the essence of the beans. It is because you can make various drinks using coffee beans and never get tired of drinking.
Since it is one of our leading drinks, it dramatically affects our bodies and health. Researchers are so busy discovering new facts about drinking coffee and its effects on our brains and body.
One of the essential things people are concerned about is that coffee is good for Constipation. But is it correct or not?
First, we want to mention some of the benefits and disadvantages of drinking coffee; after that, we will continue to find the correct answer about the chosen subject.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of drinking coffee?
In this section, we want to discuss the benefits and disadvantages of drinking daily coffee on our brains and body. These are accepted by most doctors and professionals in this field.
The following are some of the benefits of drinking coffee:
- Coffee improves physical performance and also Increases metabolism.
- Coffee helps in burning body fat.
- Increase our energy levels.
- Coffee might reduce mortality.
- It may help with type 2 diabetes.
- Coffee may reduce the possibility of a stroke.
- The coffee you drink might lower the risk of depression.
- And also it may protect our liver function.
These are the potential advantages of drinking a cup of coffee daily. But these are not true for all people. You must consult a doctor if you have a particular disease or are allergic to caffeine. Now let’s see what the drawbacks of drinking coffee are.
The disadvantages of drinking coffee:
- It can worsen Diarrhea.
- Coffee is known to be the cause of insomnia.
- It can cause agitation and anxiety.
- Coffee makes bones weaker.
- If you have high cholesterol, you have to use filtered coffee.
- Coffee is contraindicated in pregnancy period.
And these are just some of the disadvantages of drinking coffee (or too much coffee) on your body.
As you can see, we mentioned, “coffee can worsen Diarrhea.” And because of that, most coffee drinkers think coffee is good for constipation. But is it true?
In the following section, we will answer this myth! Let us wait no more!
Is Coffee Good for constipation?
NO, As we said earlier, it is a Myth. However, coffee can help you with digestion, and caffeine can stimulate the muscles to contract and cause a bowel movement.
But on the other side, caffeine is dehydrating, so if you’re constipated, avoid coffee. You can drink decaf coffee. It’s not recommended for constipated people to use caffeine. Based on these facts, now you know that coffee is NOT suitable for Constipation.
The researchers can’t show and prove clearly why coffee increases digestion, but it’s clear that it does. Caffeine also contributes to contractions of the intestine. But coffee can’t be a long-term solution for constipation since it dehydrates.
There are other ways that you can use to help with your Constipation other than coffee. If you want to briefly know them in the next part, we add some primary forms to improve intestine movement and prevent Constipation.
Please read the next paragraph if you are interested.
What is good for Constipation?
If you ask a nutritionist, “what is good for Constipation?” before mentioning “Drinking coffee,” they show you many other better options. In the following list, you can see them.
The thing that is good for Constipation:
- Water, water, and again, water. Drink more water.
- Include more fiber in your dish. (fruits and vegetables)
- Chronic Constipation can be dealt with effectively by including probiotics in your diet. (for example, probiotic Yogurt, kimchi, and kombucha)
As you can see, coffee is not always a solution to every problem.
Is coffee the only ultimate solution for Constipation?
If you want to help your Constipation with a regular and good diet, keep in mind the three options mentioned in the section above. But if you insist on drinking coffee, you can observe the following tips.
To curb constipation using coffee, you have to:
- Use Non-dairy milk with your coffee, for example, in a latte or mocha. It can be an excellent substitute for cow products. If you can’t let go of the creamy texture of your coffee, you can use oat and coconut milk for a creamy texture.
- Try drinking a glass of water slowly while you’re drinking coffee. This will help neutralize the caffeine-dehydrating effect.
- Be careful if you have sweet teeth! Eliminating sugar is also an excellent solution to help avoid constipation.
To replace sugar, you can flavor the coffee with a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla, or cocoa powder.
We hope this information was helpful and helped you curb Constipation. We have reached the end of our discussion so let’s conclude it.
When it comes to coffee, most caffeine addicts believe it is a solution for everything! But not for Constipation! Some people believe that coffee is good for Constipation. But as you read in this paper, now you know it is just a myth.
This article has been updated to include the most significant substances that, in addition to coffee, are excellent for constipation.
And also the notable tips you can use to curb Constipation by drinking coffee. Please ask us in the comments below if you have any questions about our topic. We will be delighted to hear from you.
What is your opinion about the benefits of coffee for Constipation? What are your thoughts on the potential health advantages of coffee for those suffering from Constipation?